Key Purpose of the Job in VF Corporation:
Support the Director of Engineering in executing the Manufacturing Excellence strategy. This position is responsible for developing, coaching, and implementing M.E. operational strategies within the VF Corporation, direct team, and vendor teams with a specific focus on Apparel & Footwear manufacturing to reduce lead times, actualize manufacturing improvements, and maximize productivity within agreed timelines to target. Visualize metrics data into a simple and comprehensive reporting structure.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
1. Drive business impact
- Organize, plan and deliver“Coaching for Results” based on the lean principles throughout the supply chain, including sourcing and vendor factories.
- Review and develop best practice and continuous improvement to the creation, adoption, and benefits of fact based SMV’s through the GSD tool and VF applications.
- Provide strategic leanleadership and tactical support and partner with key stakeholders.
- Drive adoption of business objectives through VF’s manufacturing excellence program.
- Identify improvement opportunities with quantifiable business benefits. Recommend the best methods of space, manpower, materials, and equipment utilization in production facilities.
- Develop Business Case Metrics, Scorecards, Methodologies and Tools to build and track Manufacturing Excellence progress.
- Lead the analysis of re-engineering at vendor’s manufacturing processes, defined by the Engineering Manager.
- Collect and maintain relevant data, reports, and process to improve the productivity and profitability to the Brand for the initiation and implementation of projects that optimize costs, efficiency and quality.
2. Engage and cultivate Lean principles
- Coach teams and individuals on Manufacturing Excellence and lean principles to drive improvement through accountability.
- Design and implement lean processes and systems while following the PDCA cycle.
- Drive planning, leading, and facilitating effective kaizen events.
- Collaborate and drive benchmarking and best practices across vendor factories.
3. Leadership – Coaching & Training
- Understand and respond to desired objectives to effectively manage cross functional process improvement teams, and mentor /advise management on the creation and implementation of process improvement plans.
- Teach and coach process owners and leaders to demonstrate accountability for sustainable results.
Desired Professional Qualification:
- Degree in industrial engineering / equivalent or min 5 years’ relevant experience.
- GSD pass with minimum of 2 years practical application.
- Training and/or Certification with Six Sigma, Project Management and Facilitation, Lean Certification.
- Excellent English (writing and speaking) skills.
- 5 years “hands-on” relevant experience in developing and implementing lean manufacturing practical application with the full range of lean methods on site or operating environments in VF Corporation.
- Team player demonstrate agility and flexibility to create and manage projects.
- Good understanding of a variety of measurement techniques and good analytical skills
- Ability to effectively deliver in full multiple projects/initiatives within timelines.
- Able to work effectively with multiple levels of management and represented work groups
- Demonstrate experience in fundamental lean tools and concepts, e.g. VSM, 5S, standard work, continuous flow, line balance, automation.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills (8D, PDCA or DMAIC etc.)
- Good collaboration, understanding and respect others to see both points of view to bring a win/win solution.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in complex business and project area, leveraging interpersonal skills and technical skills to optimize results
- Must be proactive, creative and a hands-on change agent
- Has experienced the transformation of value streams or factory, by organizing lean events, projects, training, and organizational changes necessary to achieve a sustained transformation
- System thinker and passionate for lean principles
- Passionate to continue to learn and explore. Excellent skills in dealing with fast pace, challenging situations; must like solving problems and getting the job done.
- Factory’s Senior Management, including Production Manager, Head of Quality, Head of Engineering
- VF Production Operations Managers
- VF HR and partners
- VF Quality Organization
- VF Production Engineer Team
- VF RO Director
- VF RO associates
VF Corporation is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities, and experiences they cherish most through a family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland® and Dickies®. Our purpose is to power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We believe that when you discover the difference between a career and a calling, you get so much more out of life. When those lines begin to blur, you start to limit yourself much less and start aiming for more. That’s what we want for everyone who joins us at VF. And frankly, that’s what it takes to thrive here too. For more information, please visit vfc.com
The Recent Job Circular BD team is always up to provide all information about new Govt job circular, private job circular, bank job circular, online application process, application deadline, exam time & schedule, seat plan, exam result, and career development tips in a shorter time. In order to help job seekers in Bangladesh to find all kinds of jobs that help them find their dream job as early as possible. Above all, we wish you very good luck with your exam.